The Strength of Brokenness
TGIF Today God is First, Volume 1, by Os Hillman





"The bows of the warriors are broken, but those who stumbled are armed with strength." - 1 Samuel 2:4


There is an oxymoron throughout the Bible. It says that brokenness is strength. How can this be? How can brokenness be strength? In order to use men and women to their fullest extent, the Lord has to break His servants so that they might have a new kind of strength that is not human in origin. It is strength in spirit that is born only through brokenness.
Paul was broken on the Damascus road. Peter was broken after Jesus was taken prisoner. Jacob was broken at Peniel. David was broken after his sin with Bathsheba. The list could go on of those the Lord had to break in different ways before they could be used in the Kingdom.


When we are broken, we see the frailty of human strength and come to grips with the reality that we can do nothing in our own strength. Then, new strength emerges that God uses mightily. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.


Do not fear brokenness, for it may be the missing ingredient to a life that emerges with a new kind of strength and experience not known before. Pray for a broken and contrite heart that God can bless.


Today God Is First (TGIF) devotional message, Copyright by Os Hillman, Marketplace Leaders.


Today's Prayer 

Dear God, This morning I remembered that children's song that goes "I am a promise. I am a possibility. I am a promise, with a capital P. I am a great big bundle of potentiality..." In Jesus, I am a great big bundle of potentiality. I pray that You would fill me with Your wisdom and guide me in Your will. I pray that I will be obedient to You and keep my focus on You. I ask this so that I will reach the potential You have planned for me. In Jesus' precious name I pray, amen.



Albaster Box


No comments: